Molecular biology is based on the detection of DNA or RNA 国产微拍福利gene sequences that are specific to a bacterium, virus, protein or cell. There are three main steps in molecular diagnostics:
- extraction of nucleic acids (genetic material) from the sample,
- amplification (or multiplication) of the number of genetic sequences,
- detection of the copies of genetic sequences following amplification.
Molecular biology tests are carried out directly on the clinical sample and results can be obtained within a few hours. They are used to:
- detect pathogens (bacteria, viruses and yeast),
- identify antibiotic resistance mechanisms,
- measure the quantity of a virus, such as HIV, present in blood,
- guide and personalize treatment decisions, such as for cancer patients,
- monitor the effectiveness of treatment,
- determine the reaction of human cells to a disease or infection.
bioMérieux's molecular biology offering covers different hospital laboratories needs with:
- the syndromic approach in emergency situations with ,
- the flexibility and high throughput of routine tests for the monitoring of transplant patients with ,
- genome sequencing for the epidemiological monitoring with .