国产微拍福利bioMérieux designs, manufactures and markets diagnostic solutions to support our vision of healthcare. The Company specializes in two distinct areas:
bioMérieux’s product offering includes:
- systems for automated testing;
- reagents required for biological tests, to identify a type of bacteria or virus or to measure a specific hormone or marker of disease, etc.;
- software used to process and interpret biological test results;
- support services for laboratories in the areas of workflow and performance optimization, quality management and training.
The role of diagnostics
In vitro diagnostic tests make it possible to identify the microorganism causing an infectious disease and to perform susceptibility testing to prescribe the most appropriate treatment. They also make it possible to detect non-infectious diseases.
The medical, social and economic benefits of in vitro diagnostic tests are often overlooked国产微拍福利, despite the fact that these tests:
- Improve patient care;
- Contribute to consumer safety;
- Help to limit healthcare spending, a major economic challenge for all countries.
Improving patient care
Between 60% and 70%* of medical decisions are based on in vitro diagnostic test results.
国产微拍福利Diagnostics have a decisive impact on the continuum of care and on early diagnosis when it comes to:
- Screening for disease prevention;
- Diagnosis at an early disease stage, when symptoms are just beginning to appear;
- Diagnosis and patient prognosis, particularly of infectious diseases to identify the causative agent and determine its resistance profile to antibiotics;
- Treatment decisions and treatment monitoring.
Protecting consumer safety
Companies in the food-processing, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries use specific diagnostic tests to monitor the microbiological quality of products 国产微拍福利and their manufacturing environment.
Along the entire production chain, industry uses these quality control tools to help ensure the safety of products such as infant formula and vaccines, thus contributing to the protection of consumer health.
Reducing healthcare spending
In vitro diagnostic tests provide the basis of most medical decision-making, and yet they account for only 2% to 3%** of healthcare spending worldwide. They play a decisive role in limiting healthcare costs, since the appropriate diagnostic test performed in a timely manner:
- Reduces the risk of trial-and-error treatment and over-prescription;
- Shortens the time before treatment begins and decreases the length of hospital stays.
* The Lewin Group, Inc. (July 2005).This figure concerns all diagnostic tools: in vitro diagnostic tests and medical imaging exams.
** French Directorate for Research, Studies, Evaluation and Statistics (DREES) and Court of Auditors, 2011.