Overflowing emergency departments and the seriousness of cardiovascular disease mean that high-performance tools are essential to screen patients and send them as quickly as possible to the most appropriate facility: intensive care or critical care, hospital admissions, or discharge with a follow-up visit to their GP if necessary.
The healthcare challenge
- Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death worldwide. According to WHO estimates, it caused 17.7 million deaths in 2015, representing 31% of all deaths.
- Cardiovascular disease has a major impact not only on the lives and well-being of affected individuals, but also on healthcare spending and national economies.
The role of in vitro diagnostics
In vitro diagnostic tests provide reliable and rapid support for emergency room doctors who must quickly assess the severity of a disease国产微拍福利 and ensure that patients receive the most appropriate care without delay.
The bioMérieux range for emergency departments includes a panel of tests for early diagnosis using our VIDAS® instrument. It offers a simple, accurate and reliable solution to guide diagnosis and patient management in emergency departments.
国产微拍福利This product range targets the following pathologies:
- (ACS) is caused by the blockage of a coronary artery by an atheromatous plaque, obstructing the essential flow of blood to the cardiac muscle. It includes myocardial infarction and unstable angina. Among the tests performed, two are decisive: the electrocardiogram and the blood troponin test.
bioMérieux provides tests to measure troponin levels, considered to be the best biological marker for the diagnosis of myocardial infarction, as well as two other complementary markers (myoglobin and CK-MB). The combination of various cardiac markers and changes to their respective concentrations make it possible to confirm the diagnosis.
- Pulmonary embolism and deep venous thrombosis (or phlebitis) are the two primary forms of thromboembolism. In 70% of cases, a pulmonary embolism is caused by a blood clot that migrates from the lower limbs (venous thrombosis) towards the lung. Given the seriousness of this disease, the quality of in vitro diagnostic tests is crucial. Our is considered by experts to be the test of reference. A negative result allows a diagnosis of venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism to be excluded with 99.9% certainty, thereby avoiding time-consuming and costly investigations (such as CT and Doppler) as well as demanding anticoagulant treatment.
- Acute heart failure is a progressively debilitating disease that especially affects older people and occurs after the heart has been weakened by other cardiac pathologies. A clinical examination is the first step in the diagnostic process, supplemented by exams and in vitro diagnostic tests. bioMérieux offers a specific test, , which allows the diagnosis of acute heart failure to be excluded in the case of a negative result. is an innovative test that explains the underlying fibrotic process and reveals heart failure with a poor prognosis that requires more aggressive treatment.